Apogee Electronics introduces new Duet for iPad & Mac
Anaheim, California, January 24, 2013 – Apogee Electronics is pleased to introduce Duet for iPad and Mac, a 2 input, 4 output USB audio interface. The new Duet is the first professional stereo audio interface that makes a direct digital connection to Apple’s iPad (iPhone, iPod touch) and Mac. Duet features Apogee’s Maestro control software, iOS device charging, MIDI connectivity and professional sound quality. Duet is the ideal personal studio interface for stereo music recording, mixing and audiophile-quality listening on iPad and Mac.
First introduced in 2007, the original Duet was a 2 IN x 2 OUT FireWire Audio Interface for Mac and became one of the most popular audio interfaces of all time, starting a home studio revolution and winning many industry awards and accolades. Duet received an upgrade in May of 2011 when Duet 2 took its place with a new 2 IN x 4 OUT format, redesigned AD/DA conversion and mic preamps, and USB 2.0 Mac connectivity. The new Duet for iPad and Mac builds on this legacy by offering the same professional quality as the Duet 2 for the iPad based personal studio.
“Apogee has pioneered professional digital recording on iPad and iOS devices with products like JAM, our studio quality guitar input, and MiC, the first studio quality digital microphone for iPad and iPhone. We are now taking the next step, offering a range of professional multi-channel recording solutions for iPad and all iOS devices,” says Apogee CEO and Co-Founder Betty Bennett. “Enabling amazing products like Duet to be directly connected to the increasingly powerful iPad and all other iOS devices, seamlessly integrated with apps like GarageBand and Auria, controlled with our Maestro software allows you take mobile music creation to the next level. It truly is a new frontier for the personal studio and we’re proud to be at the forefront.”
Apple’s iPad has revolutionized music creation with an intuitive touch interface and a universe of powerful and very affordable music apps. Duet delivers key features to this new paradigm that bring professional stereo audio recording to iPad for the first time. Apogee’s Maestro software for iOS lets you control Duet’s inputs, mic preamps, outputs and set up low latency monitoring. Duet’s DC power charges iPad while in use so recording is not interrupted. Duet provides plenty of power for studio headphones, microphones and MIDI keyboards. In addition, Duet accepts and provides professional audio level (ie. balanced, +4 dBu reference level).
When used with iPad or an iOS device, Duet works with any Core Audio compliant app like GarageBand, Auria and MultiTrack. For recording on a Mac, Duet works with Logic, Pro Tools, GarageBand, Ableton Live and any Mac Core Audio compliant application.
Duet for iPad and Mac – Highlights
- First professional stereo audio interface for iPad
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini (Apple’s Lighting to 30-pin adapter required – Sold separately)
- Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack; Any Core Audio compatible app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton; Any Core Audio compatible app on Mac
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
- MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- 2 Analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power
- 2 Balanced analog line outputs
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California – Made in the U.S.A.
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.4 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- USB bus powered; DC power optional (DC power supply included)
- iOS version: 5.1 and later
- Connection: 30-pin dock connector
- DC Power supply included
iOS device compatibility (Lightning connector)
- iPod touch* (5th generation)
- iPhone 5*
- iPad* (4th generation)
- iPad mini*
* Requires Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Sold separately.
iOS device compatibility (30-pin connector)
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
Availability: February 2013