Anaheim, California, January 24, 2013 – Apogee Electronics is pleased to announce Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge, a 64 channel interface for connecting Apogee converters to any Thunderbolt™ equipped Mac computer, will be shipping and available February 2013. For the first time, the award winning sound quality of Symphony I/O can be paired with the blistering speed and bandwidth of Intel’s ThunderBolt technology for unparalleled studio power.
Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge connects Apogee’s flagship audio interface, Symphony I/O, to any Thunderbolt™ equipped Mac for true Thunderbolt compatibility and performance. Capable of up to 64 channels of input and output at sample rates up to 192kHz, Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge delivers impressive channel counts at unprecedented speeds for a latency and hassle free recording experience. Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge will also connect Apogee’s X-Symphony equipped AD-16X, DA-16X and Rosetta Series converters to Thunderbolt Macs for legacy compatibility. Existing users of these devices will simply need to update to the most current software/firmware available on Apogee’s website before connecting to ThunderBridge.
Symphony 64 | ThunderBridge Highlights
- Connects up to 64 channels of Apogee I/O to any Thunderbolt™- equipped Mac
- Operates at sample rates from 44.1-192 kHz
- Compatible with Symphony I/O and X-Symphony-equipped Rosetta 800, 200, AD16X and DA16X.
- Latency = 1.8 ms at 96kHz/32 buffer
- 2 Thunderbolt™ ports for connecting additional devices
- 2 PC-32 ports for connection to Apogee interfaces
- 1 Word Clock Out
- DC Input – 12V DC 30W (power supply included)
- Status LED to indicate whether or not the device has been configured properly
- Audio Interfaces: Apogee Symphony I/O X-Symphony-equipped Rosetta Series or X Series interface
- Computer: Thunderbolt-enabled Mac computer, including MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, and iMac
- Thunderbolt™ cables
- Mac OS: 10.7 or later
- Power: DC Power supply included
Availability: February 2013
*$495 as of January 23, 2014